Adding Social Profiles on Your Website
Do you know what percentage of your users are on social media? Chances are, most. And if your users are on social, you should be too. After all, a key marketing strategy is meet your users where they are.
It’s a best practice to share your social media profiles on your website. It helps users learn more about your company and lends credibility when users see a robust social presence. On top of that, it helps with Search engine optimization (SEO).
It’s really simple to add your social profiles so let’s make it happen!
What are Social Profiles?
Social profiles are dedicated pages on social media sites about you or your company. Your profile shares information with viewers like a short bio, website link, and profile image, in addition to your social posts. Each platform incorporates slightly different pieces of information.
Many social sites allow you to create a “vanity” URL for your page. That means that instead of a URL that ends in a random string of letters and numbers, you can customize it. Changing it to your company name helps visitors feel oriented.
You should choose which platforms to create a social profile on based on your target audience. Create a profile on the platforms that they’re using. Write a bio about your company, although you may have to tweak it slightly for each platform. For example, LinkedIn requires a more professional tone while Facebook can be more friendly.
Custom URLs on Social Media Platforms
Most social media platforms allow you to create custom URLs for your personal and business pages. We highly recommend you do this to create cohesive branding and customer recognition.
Below are links to some of the major social media sites and their instructions for how to customize URLs.
NOTE: Some social platforms may require that you pass certain thresholds before you can edit your URL.
Adding Company Social Profiles
- On the left menu click Settings
- Click Social Accounts
- On the Social Accounts page, you will see a field for each social account supported. Copy and paste in the link for the social media profile page you want to include. Make sure to get the URL in its entirety.
- Drag fields up or down to change the default order of the social profiles. When you add the social accounts widget to a website page, you can also change the order of the social account list there.
- Click Save
Using Social Buttons on Your Website
Adding a Social Widget
- Once you added your company social media profile links in your social account settings, go to Appearance in the left-hand menu
- Click Widgets to add the social widget
- In the left column use the Social Accounts box and either drag & drop the widget into the section to the right or click on the Social Accounts box and select the correct section where you want it added.
- In the widget section, when you click on Social Accounts it will open all options. Check the boxes next to the profiles you want to add. You can also drag field up and down to change the order.
- Click Save
NOTE: Read our general widget overview and instructions.
Personal Social Profiles
You can include your personal social media profile – they will appear in your bio that follows a post and your author page.
- Click User via the left menu
- Click Your Profile
- Find the social media account fields listed as a part of your profile
- Copy and paste the URL of each social page you want to include into the corresponding field
- Click save
Using Personal Social buttons
Bios don’t automatically appear at the end of a post unless you make this change:
- Click Appearance in the left menu
- Click Theme Options
- Click Posts and Pages
- In the left column, check the box next to Show Author Bio
Your bio will display as follows (depending on information in your profile):
Adding social links is really simple but can have big payoff. Visitors can see reviews from past happy customers, unique pictures and visual branding, and so much more. Connect with visitors on multiple platforms and your chance of conversion will skyrocket.